Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 16 Dificíl May 5, 2014

View of the mountain from my apartment
¡Feliz cinco de Mayo!

So...not much happened this week...just another week in good old Mexico City.

Llorando....I´ve been thinking a lot lately about the mission...and I came up with one word to describe it: difícil. Sometimes I climb the 5 flights of stairs to my apartment, unlock all 7 bolts, sit down at my desk chair and think to myself, "What in the world am I doing in the middle of Mexico City?" We work and work and work and work and work and nothing. We contact and the people don't give us the time of day. People tell me that I need to return to the United States because I don´t belong here. Let's just say that the mission is full of trials and hardships....but sometimes I forget that the mission wasn't meant to be easy! I was sent here for a reason. Although I can't control what others are doing (members, disobedient missionaries, etc.) there is one thing that I have complete control over: ME.  I can have a good attitude. I can pray. I can fast. I can study. I can serve. I can be obedient. I can work hard. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. At times I think, "Wow...I still have an ENTIRE year left in the mission."  But on second thought...I only have a year to give it my all! At times it's tempting to take a break from all the hard work but it's not going to happen. One thing is for sure: I came here to give it my all, all day everyday. I didn't leave my family, my friends, my school, my job, my life as I knew it, and travel hundreds of miles to a foreign country to waste my time. I left it all to make a difference in the lives of the people here in Mexico. Sometimes we don't get the results that we want...but what more of a reason do we need to keep pushing forward? The good things in life don't come easy...the good things in life come with a lot of blood, sweat and tears. In the words of President Monson, "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." I can't always control everything that is going on around me but I can decide how I am going to react to it.

WORK HARD! NO REGRETS! 20 SECONDS OF INSANE COURAGE!

Hermana Ingram

Update on my apartment: We found a new apartment without bed bugs but the land-lady didn't believe that we were actually missionaries. She insisted on going to the church and talking with a representative just to make sure... now we have to talk to the president to see if he approves....I'm crossing my fingers!
This is our sweet 90 yr old investigator who has a big time crush on Joseph Smith. "Jose Smith es bien guapo...y su nombre...que bonito!"




No comments:

Post a Comment