Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 9-10 March 24, 2014

Hola!

Monday was a blast!! After personal/companionship study at the church we met with the Albendano family because they wanted to take us to another part of Mexico to eat and visit a few places (that's code for impress us so that we might be interested in marrying their son...not going to happen). We all squeezed into a mini van and began our 2 hour drive. I have never seen so many houses in my life. I've been stuck in this same little area for so long that I about forgot that I live in the second biggest/most populated city in the world! We got to drive past a really big mountain called "la mujer dormida" and a volcano called "popo". I miss mountains SO much! All I wanted to do was jump out of the moving car and hike them! The volcano was erupting as we spoke (normally it is snow capped but since it was erupting the snow had melted).


 When we got there we sat down in the middle of a little market and ate "la cecina mejor del mundo" (it's a meat that you can't find anywhere else in the world). I am literally addicted to salsa....if it is 'picante' it has my name written all over it! Tacos and live accordion music...does it get any better??


 Afterwards we visited an old catholic church form the 1800s. There was a wedding going on and we could hear the catholic choirs singing from inside.



We didn't get home until late but still had time to have a family home evening with one of our investigators. Afterwards, as we got to our apartment, I noticed that the crazy/aggressive lady was sleeping in front of the door. I stopped Zambrano and showed her...the look on her face was priceless...pure fear. Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing! We quickly said a prayer and very quietly snuck up to the door. I reached over her, making sure to be as quiet as possible...and, as I put the key into the key hole, I felt two hands grip my ankles. My companion ran away and I was left to fend this lady off for myself! I tried to turn and run but couldn't break her grip and before I knew it, she had me in a head-lock!!! Ok..ok...none of that really happened....got ya! Rewind to when I was putting the key in the key-hole. Very quietly, I was able to open the door. I pushed it open as wide as I could, took a few steps back and hurdled her through the door. Zambrano hurdled her just as she was waking up and as soon as she was inside, I slammed the door shut. She immediately began banging her fists on the door with a face full of anger...Scary! But we survived!

This week was definitely one of the harder weeks. Got to keep working hard though! Stumbling blocks like these only make us stronger! We didn't have a baptism this week but are continuing to find more and more people who are ready to receive this gospel. Work hard and no regrets!!!! We started teaching one of David's sons named Arturo. He's the only one we can teach because the other 5 are always on drugs...To the point where they aren't even there in their minds. They all are over 20 but have minds of 12 year olds....super super sad. But I'm hoping that Arturo will progress and change his life around. He lives in the same van as his dad and had to quit school to start working. He's 16 years old and every time we teach him I imagine him in a white shirt and tie with a missionary badge...that would be amazing!

That's all for this week!

Les quiero!!! Gracias por toda!! Hasta luego!

Hermana Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment