Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 26 12 Investigators July 14, 2014



¡Hola familia y amigos!

This week was probably one of the longest weeks yet! But for good reasons! I've been really focusing on exact obedience and lots of hard work and the blessings have followed.
We have been searching and searching...looking for as many new investigators as possible. It's amazing how you can be walking down the street and get an overwhelming feeling that you should talk to someone walking by...and that when you follow that feeling and talk to them, it is always for a reason. There are so many people here that are SO ready to hear the gospel...the hard part is finding them. I know that I may not know which door to knock on or which of the people I pass in the streets are ready but God does. An Elder once asked me, ¨How would you like the power to walk by any person and know if they were ready to hear the gospel?¨ Of course I said yes...but he continued to tell me that if we are in tune enough with the spirit, we can be guided to every single one of the people God has prepared for us. Does that kind of power come easy? Claro que no! But I know that with a lot of hard work and exact obedience...anything is possible.

This week we were able to find 6 new investigators! We haven't been receiving a lot of references so we have had to do a lot of contacting....but it paid off!! This Sunday we had 12 investigators in the church! I remember sitting down in sacrament meeting with our 12 investigators and wanting to scream because I was so happy. With them all there you'd think I would be able to relax but I still couldn't sit in peace! I CAN'T GET MY MIND TO RELAX! I'm constantly thinking about my investigators...what I'm going to teach them, how I can help them...even at night when I go to bed my mind is still going! Hopefully all this thinking will pay off!

Yesterday after church we spent the rest of our day looking for new investigators. We searched through our list of contacts we had made and chose a few to search for. We knocked one of the contact's doors and a teenage boy answered. We told him who we were looking for and he went back inside to look for her. A few minutes later he came back and invited us inside and guided us to another door down a little alley way. We knocked and a man answered the door, shirtless with blood covering his face and dripping from his chin. You could smell the alcohol coming from him and it was very obvious he was drunk. I knew we needed to leave right away but he was blocking the alley way to leave. He immediately started yelling at us and backed us down the alley way...saying things to do with religion and Americans and who knows what else. My comp. burst into tears and I was trying calm him down..trying to figure out how we were going to get out of the house. After about 5 minutes of him screaming in our faces a man came from behind him and shoved him against the wall motioning for us to leave. Thank goodness that man came! We were finally able to get out of there safe...but what a crazy experience!

That´s pretty much it for this week! Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers! I love you all to the moon and back!

Hermana Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment