Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 45 Happy Thanksgiving! December 1, 2014

¡Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias!

Thursday morning at about 9:00 my comp. and I met up with Hermana Benson and Nance and our convert Gerardo took us to meet up with the rest of the Hermanas at the mission offices.
20 Hermanas in one Combi
From the offices a combi (small Volkswagen bus taxi) picked all 20 of the Hermanas up and drove us to the President's house for a Thanksgiving Day dinner. Turkey, ham, rolls, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce...does it get any better?!


I was definitely a little sad knowing that my family was eating together in St. George...corn pudding, Lion House rolls, homemade pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin roll, etc.... But it's going to taste that much better next year! I brought my guitar with me and we all sat and sang...that was a blast! President Stutznegger and I played and sang "Para Bailar La Bamba" which was funny. My comp. is actually a really good singer so we spend a lot of time singing and playing.
 

Before leaving President Stutznegger gave us each a flu shot and we all packed back into the combi and headed to the Metro station. What a blast!!
The BEST mission presidents in the world!
Sunday we went to church, ate, and then came back to the church to prepare everything for Blanca and Rafael's baptism. Before the baptism ended, Blanca got up to share her feelings about the baptism and she couldn't help but cry. She kept saying that everything changed when the two "angeles" came into her life. She couldn't stop telling everyone how happy she was. It's truly amazing to see the happiness that the gospel brings people in their lives. And to be a first hand witness? Or better yet the means by which people find that happiness? There is literally nothing like it.
 

To be honest, the mission is absolutely exhausting. There are days when I wake up and wonder how in the world I'm going to continue this for another 6 months. Each day is tiring but amazingly we always manage to find a way to pull through. I can't believe I've been doing this for almost an entire year now...at times it seems so robotic: wake up, exercise, shower, get ready, personal study, companionship study, language study, leave, teach and preach, eat, more teach and preach, go home, plan, study, go to bed, and repeat. Every single day. It's hard sometimes...but at the same time there isn't anything better I could be doing.

Well, I know it's a little late.. BUT since it was Thanksgiving I want to tell everyone how grateful I am for them. I'm grateful for my super awesome mom and all the things she does for me. She's practically wonder woman for crying out loud! My dad for being such a hard worker. My sister Hannah for being the craziest, funniest, most spontaneous sister in the world. My brother Harrison for his great smile! I've heard he's become quite the ladies man since I've been gone ;) My little brother Hayden for being the thoughtful kind kid he is. I'm SO grateful for my family! I'm grateful for a soft bed, hot showers, clean water, a stove, ice, cars, cleaning supplies, dish washers, refrigerators, running water, washers, dryers, trees, flowers, mountains, snow, EVERYTHING! The list could go on for miles! Don't forget to be grateful everyone!
Thanksgiving Dinner at the mission home

No comments:

Post a Comment